Think about your digital privacy:
- Use your first name only to identify yourself. Comments should have first names only.
- Parents are asked to only use first names as well (For example use ‘Jimmy’s mom’)
- Do not include phone numbers, home addresses or other important information.
Think about the tone of your comment:
- Be polite, friendly, and encouraging.
- Have some humor, but be careful with sarcasm.
- If you disagree, don’t be rude about it; give constructive (helpful) feedback.
Think about the content of your comment:
- Keep your comment on topic and make sense. Say something about the original post.
- Don’t say random information or get really silly.
- Avoid texting shortcuts like u for you and l8r for later, and only use one emoticon if you need to.
- Sometimes add a question at the end to keep the conversation going.
Think about conventions of your comment:
- Try to fix your spelling mistakes: Ask someone to proofread your comments.
- Use capitals in the right places: people’s names, places and the beginning of a sentence.
- Use correct punctuation.
- Remember, you are putting your best self forward, so polish your comments.